Vice President & Actuary
Job Code: 383338
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Annuities develops, markets, and services an array of fixed and variable annuity products designed to help investors generate guaranteed income that they cannot outlive. It is a leading provider of innovative variable annuity products, with over $150 billion of variable annuity assets under management.
Reporting to the Vice President – Assumption Analytics and Modeling Infrastructure for the Annuities division, the Vice President is a critical leadership role as head of the Assumption Setting and Predictive Analytics team. The incumbent’s main areas of responsibility are as follows:
• Data research, modeling, and analytics in support of assumption development for the company’s variable and fixed annuities.
• Development and production of experience studies.
• Analysis and communication of experience and experience drivers to business partners
• Effective communication and influencing senior management to effect changes in assumptions as appropriate.
• Assumptions implementation and controls.
Assumptions are used in a wide variety of financial projections, including pricing, statutory and GAAP financial reporting, capital analysis, and hedging. The incumbent will also be responsible for forging partnerships with with areas such as product development and pricing where data analytics can have a material impact. He/she will lead a team of approximately twelve professionals in the Assumption Setting and Predictive Analytics function.
The incumbent must possess strong technical skills; excellent understanding of variable annuity product features and financial drivers and knowledge of data mining technology and advanced statistics would be a plus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with functional areas such as Annuities Valuation, Capital Markets Hedging, IT, Annuities Product, Corporate Actuarial, Risk Management, and other control functions..
• 10 years of actuarial experience
• Associate (ASA) or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) designation preferred
• Experience with VA products with living benefit guarantees
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skill set
• Highly motivated and creative problem solver; able to thrive in a fast-based, results-oriented environment
• Ability to convey sense of urgency and to work productively with internal and corporate business partners
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial