Vice President & Actuary – Production Modeling Lead, Annuities Actuarial
Job Code: 398038
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
For more information, please visit www.prudential.com.
Prudential Annuities develops, markets, and services an array of fixed and variable annuity products designed to help investors generate guaranteed income that they cannot outlive. It is a leading provider of innovative variable annuity products, with over $150 billion of variable annuity assets under management.
The Modeling Team is part of the Individual Annuities Assumption Analytics and Modeling Infrastructure Area. Its responsibilities include:
• You will support existing production modeling processes and analysis
• You will be developing / enhancing production modeling processes, analysis, and communication
• You will collaborate with Valuation, Forecasting, Pricing, IT partners, and system vendors to design, develop, test, and implement assumption updates, regulatory requirements, internal capital frameworks, new products, methodology enhancements, and system conversions
• You will be supporting model governance requirements
• You will be assessing / proposing modeling strategy and approaches
• You will be supporting / performing model research and development
• Identifying ways models may be used to drive / support business decisions
The successful candidate should have modeling experience (e.g., formulating model design / architecture / strategy; developing system conversion or other project plans; assessing and implementing modeling methodologies and simplifications; developing and performing model testing, and reviewing and presenting projection results and attributions).
Position will be located in Newark, NJ or Shelton, CT
• Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) with 7 years of actuarial experience
• Experience with GGY AXIS preferred
• Experience with variable annuity products with living benefit guarantees preferred
• Experience with multiple actuarial functions (e.g., valuation, forecasting, pricing, hedging, ALM) is a plus
• Knowledge of statutory and GAAP valuation and financial reporting
• Knowledge of audit, control, and model risk management concepts
• Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks / initiatives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills
• Ability to balance theoretical and practical considerations, challenge the status quo, and take intelligent risks
• Ability to partner across business and corporate areas and influence business partners at all levels
• Commitment to team building and developing well-rounded actuarial talent
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Actuarial