Vice President, Corporate Counsel
Job Code: 403458
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Financial is seeking a dynamic senior attorney to join the US Customer Office legal team. Reporting to the Chief Legal Officer of the US Customer Office, you will be responsible for providing legal support to the U.S. Customer Office and cross-business initiatives aimed at transforming the customer experience across Prudential’s U.S. Businesses, including Retirement, Group Insurance, Asset Management, Individual Life Insurance and Annuities. You will also be providing counsel and advice in data analytics practices across the U.S. Businesses in their work on high impact advanced analytics projects aimed at improving the way we manage and run our businesses.
In this role, you will work very closely with the Prudential Privacy Law Team, business unit attorneys, and legal subject matter experts to coordinate and ensure the delivery of understandable and actionable advice that enables informed decision-making and drives business outcomes and opportunities. To succeed, you will need to be able to operate in a fast-paced start-up environment, while also possessing the ability to successfully navigate the complexities of a large organization. You need to have a general understanding of the financial technology space, and be comfortable working in a wide variety of legal disciplines, including insurance, securities, privacy, intellectual property, and corporate law. And you need to have a curiosity and desire to learn about technologies or legal areas that you aren’t familiar with and to understand the mission, goals, and objectives of our various businesses.
Key requirements include:
- Strong background in the insurance and securities industries, including variable and fixed insurance products, group insurance products, broker-dealers, investment advisory products, and financial planning.
- Familiarity with digital marketing, e-commerce, e-delivery, web platforms, mobile applications, data analytics, social media, or other technology initiatives, and an understanding of the legal and regulatory framework that applies to such initiatives in the financial services space.
- Practical problem solving skills, and strong communication skills, as well as the capacity to work independently.
- Strong leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Being viewed as a partner with the business who is proactive and customer-service oriented.
- Detail-oriented focus, while also having broad vision as a strategic thinker.
- Possessing a JD degree and willingness to obtain the New Jersey In-House Counsel License.
- Ability to interface with management confidently and professionally and manage time effectively.
Competencies Essential to Success:
To succeed in this position, you should possess the following core competencies:
- Courage to speak up, challenge, question, and stand behind a point of view
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and partnering skills
- Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment
- Excellent research and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Results driven mindset
- Conceptual and creative thinker
- Excellent judgment and the ability to comfortably make clear, rational and timely decisions in the best interests of Prudential consistent with available facts and applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to gather and analyze all facts
- A strong work ethic together with the ability to consistently maintain high service, quality, efficiency and ethical standards
- Flexibility to adapt to changing needs of the organization and our various businesses
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Legal