Vice President, Enterprise Business Continuation Management Office
Job Code: 396898
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The Enterprise Business Continuation Management Office is accountable for developing and managing the Company's business continuation program and monitoring its effectiveness. This role will report directly to the Head of Enterprise Business Continuation Management and is responsible for providing leadership and guidance to business and corporate function Business Continuation Officers in their development and maintenance of business continuation plans. The incumbent must be a subject matter expert in business continuation planning in order to ensure compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and company requirements.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Maintain business continuation planning standards and oversee their implementation across the Company
• Monitor and report metrics related to business continuation planning effectiveness
• Track identified control gaps and validate remediation
• Support the development and delivery of business continuation planning tools in partnership with the Risk Management Technology Team
• Support the coordination of response efforts for business continuation events
• Develop and deliver compliance and awareness training
• Recommend and implement program enhancements as applicable
This role serves in both an oversight and enabling capacity within Prudential. Candidates for this position will have demonstrated the ability to collaborate with staff at all levels in the Company, manage multiple work streams, manage conflict between multiple stakeholders, and develop risk based solutions to identified issues. In addition, candidates should have demonstrated experience implementing capability assessments, business impact analyses / risk assessments, formulating recovery strategies, and documenting business continuity plans; knowledge of business continuation enabling tools; and experience working for a multi-national firm or working in the financial services industry.
• 7 years business continuation management experience
• Comprehensive project management skills and experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Strong technical writing ability
• Excellent and persuasive communicator
• Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven leadership capabilities within complex and high stress situations
• Self-motivated and able to work independently
• Business continuation industry certification a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Risk Management