Vice President, Head of Consulting of Global Strategic Research
Job Code: 398418
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Global Strategic Research is comprised of high performing individuals with strong research competencies and backgrounds in financial services industry who act as strategic advisors to Prudential’s domestic and international businesses. This team drives decisions that help businesses achieve their key performance goals and inspire forward looking innovation. Our mission is to aid business growth through strategic, relevant and actionable insights that are well grounded in customer understanding and business acumen.
In this role, the Head of Consulting leads a team of senior level business consultants to address key business needs across Prudential stakeholders by uncovering and imparting breakthrough strategic insights to positively impact the business.
Lead consulting capability: lead a team of internal research consultants by setting a culture of strategic and creative thinking; coach and develop members of the consulting team to enhance business partnership and strategic value add.
Diagnose business issue: combine internal business acumen with external knowledge of industry and consumer trends to accurately diagnose underlying business issues/ challenges, and translate these issues into appropriate research objectives.
Build strategic research agenda: lead a team of business consultants to develop a research agenda in support of Prudential BU level priorities. Conceptualize and lead cross-business, forward thinking market research initiatives that supports the company’s efforts to better serve customer’s needs and provide new opportunities for business growth.
Collaborate to drive thought leadership: proactively surface and explore issues of strategic importance; build and maintain strong partnerships with other areas of the enterprise that produce audience insights and provide thought leadership in support of the enterprise business goals and strategy.
- Inform and shape business decisions: package and deliver insights along with pragmatic recommendations to senior Prudential stakeholders. Influence stakeholders to act on the recommendations.
- Minimum 15 years of overall market research or consulting experience, 7 years leading a team.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
- In-depth experience with a wide array of syndicated and custom research programs, including brand, advertising & positioning studies, awareness & usage, new product and service development, and voice of the customer research.
- Strong business acumen with prior experience in global financial services required; specifically, insurance, retirement and/or asset management. International experience required.
- Outstanding influence skills and demonstrated ability to work with senior stakeholders across business lines to build confidence and inspire collaboration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work comfortably at the most senior levels of the business through clear written and verbal communications.
- Excellent storyteller with proven track record of delivering actionable insights succinctly, in a compelling and engaging way.
- Courageous leader with demonstrated ability to maintain objectivity and the willingness to “take a stand.”
- A “player-coach” who is comfortable stepping back to empower others but is able to roll up his/her sleeves and work alongside the team.
- Willingness and ability to travel to different internal client locations across NY, NJ and CT in the U.S.; some international travel and communicating across global times zones may be required.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications