Video Animation Editor
Job Code: 401358
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
The Video Production and Studio team within Global Communications produces videos used for internal employee communications and engagement.
In a fast-paced corporate production environment, the video editor/designer will work as a key member of a team to create high-quality videos to help drive employee engagement. This position requires a self-motivated storyteller able to collaborate with a team of creative professionals across our video production, communications and brand marketing and advertising departments. Excellent content judgment, visual design aptitude and narrative skills are essential.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with other staff to conceive creative ideas that meet our strategic communications objectives,
- Use Avid Media Composer and Adobe Production Suite software to edit and complete post-production processes.
- Provide hands-on editing of video projects and file creation.
- Network with others in the video editing community to stay abreast of creative trends and technology changes.
- Perform editorial functions including rough cuts, graphic design & integration, audio sweetening, color correction and final delivery.
- Perform basic troubleshooting and minor engineering of edit suite and media storage system.
- Integrate design elements into finished video projects, presentations, web or print materials.
- Utilize archiving and retrieval system.
- Bachelor’s in Design, Communications, Video Production or related field is preferred.
Minimum 3 years of broadcasting, video production house, or corporate video editing experience
Must have reel and samples available online or electronically for review (corporate level examples)
- Deep knowledge in using Avid Media Composer to produce engaging stories with compelling editing
- Ability to conceive and create complex animated graphics using design software such as Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator, in some cases using only these graphic elements to tell the story
Capable of concept development and storyboarding
Proficient in both Mac & PC environment and familiar with all types of video production equipment & processes
Ability to conform to client-specific design requirements, from conservative to cutting edge styles
Client-centric and able to build strong relationships across the organization; sensitivity and tact in dealing with staff/partners/clients at different levels in a diverse environment.
Well organized and capable of handling multiple assignments
Flexibility with schedule and ability to work under pressure & deadlines
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Marketing/Advertising/Public Relations/Corp. Communications