Virtual Systems Engineer, Data Center and Cloud
Location:San Jose, California, US
Additional Location(s)Richardson TX, Austin TX, Salt Lake City UT, or other Western US-based Locations
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales
What You'll Do
The Virtual Systems Engineer is responsible owning all aspects of technical pre-sales, providing deep technical coverage for overall Data Center and Cloud Solution Architectures. The engineer will be required to work as a part of global virtual team and delivery support leveraging Cisco collaboration technologies like Telepresence, WebEx and Desktop Video Conferencing solutions. As part of this role, successful candidates will:
- Execute pre-sales Systems Engineering deliverables, promoting the business and technical value of Cisco’s Data Center, Virtualization, and Cloud Architectures.
- Design and deliver Data Center & Cloud solutions towards customer & partner pre-sales requests.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects, as well as offer technical and consultative sales support.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Channel partners and ecosystem partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal resources such as Business Units, Customer Advocacy Sales and Delivery, and SE technical specialists
- Maintain expertise in relevant competitive solutions, products, and services in the Data Center marketplace.
- Actively participate as a Data Center & Cloud specialist in SE Virtual Teams and provide consultative support.
- Provide Data Center and Cloud solution training and coaching to early in carrier engineers
Who You'll Work With
Cisco Global Virtual Engineering is the technical arm of Cisco’s award-winning Global Virtual Sales & Customer Success Organization.
In Americas Global Virtual Engineering you will be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative team of technology specialists. You will be driving Cisco technology architectures, helping our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of technology, and be able to inspire the next generation of Systems Engineering talent at Cisco.
Our team is dynamic, full of expertise, and fun to be around. Each engineer on the team has specialization in at least one area of Cisco technology, including Security, Data Center, Cloud, Service Provider, Internet of Everything, Collaboration, and Enterprise Networks (Route/Switch and Mobility). In this position, you will be working alongside other technology experts to help position Cisco Data Center, Virtualization, and Cloud solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Who You Are
- 5 to 7 years experience in markets where Cisco competes.
- 3 to 5 years field technical sales experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent
- Pre-sales Experience with Data Center, Virtualization and Cloud Architectures
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
Successful candidates should also:
- Demonstrate technical expertise across Data Center technology portfolio (Computing, Application, Database, DC switching, Management, Storage Array and Storage Networking) and articulate business relevance.
- Have a strong expertise in Computing (Server Technologies), Application (Microsoft, ORACLE, SAP etc), Storage Networking and Storage Arrays, Data Center Switching.
- Understand Data Center deployment models and adjacencies (Software Defined Network, Network Programmability, Intelligent LAN, Multi-tenant DC Design, Application Capacity Planning, Cloud Management, HANA)
- Demonstrate broad understanding of the other elements across the Data Center, Virtualization & Cloud architecture with a clear awareness of the marketplace, trends & transition
- Ability to communicate at a wide range of technical levels, from the deep dive engineering discussion to higher level visionary ideas illustrating the value a Cisco network brings to the customer and our partners
- OpenStack core service expertise, including nova, cinder, neutron, glance, horizon, keystone. Experience with installation and operation of OpenStack deployments.
- Expertise with networking protocols, design and products: Ethernet, IP, switching, routing, spanning tree, OTV, LISP, FabricPath, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience with Ansible, Puppet, Chef for configuration and orchestration
- Experience in deploying and managing virtualization technologies (ex. VMware, KVM, Container)
- Data Center Certifications: CCIE, SCSA, VCP5.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.