Virtual Systems Engineer, Security
Location:Sao Paulo, Brazil
Area of InterestEngineer - Network
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Collaboration, Video, Internet of Everything, Security
What You'll Do
The Virtual Systems Engineer is responsible owning all aspects of technical pre-sales, providing deep technical coverage for overall Security Architecture. The engineer will be required to work as a part of global virtual team and delivery support leveraging Cisco collaboration technologies like Telepresence, WebEx and Desktop Video Conferencing solutions. As part of this role, successful candidates will:
- Execute pre-sales Systems Engineering deliverables, promoting the business and technical value of Cisco’s Security Architectures.
- Design and deliver Security solutions towards customer & partner pre-sales requests.
- Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
- Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects, as well as offer technical and consultative sales support.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Channel partners and ecosystem partners
- Establish collaborative relationships with internal resources such as Business Units, Customer Advocacy Sales and Delivery, and SE technical specialists
- Maintain expertise in relevant competitive solutions, products, and services in the Security marketplace.
- Actively participate as a Security specialist in SE Virtual Teams and provide consultative support.
- Provide Security solution training and coaching to early in carrier engineers
Who You'll Work With
In Americas Global Virtual Engineering you will be part of a highly dynamic and collaborative team of technology specialists. You will be driving Cisco technology architectures, helping our customers achieve their business outcomes through the use of technology, and be able to inspire the next generation of Systems Engineering talent at Cisco.
Our team is dynamic, full of expertise, and fun to be around. Each engineer on the team has specialization in at least one area of Cisco technology, including Security, Data Center, Cloud, Service Provider, Internet of Everything, Collaboration, and Enterprise Networks (Route/Switch and Mobility). In this position, you will be working alongside other technology experts to help position Cisco Security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Who You Are
You are a highly motivated professional who can drive opportunities to a successful close without need of close supervision. You have hands on experience as a pre-sales engineer.
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Fluency in Portuguese and English, Spanish highly desired
- Specialized Security experience/knowledge including Network Security (Firewalls/NGIPS) and an understanding of the Security Threat Landscape
- Utilizing various Open Source Security tools such as Snort, Bro, Security Onion, etc.
- Solid presentation and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who does not need day-to-day management
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
- Working in a Virtual environment utilizing various communication methods and products to connect with customers
- Experience utilizing shell scripting and programming languages
- Relevant Industry certifications including Cisco CCIE/CCNP, CISSP, GIAC, etc. a plus
- Pre-sales experience a definite plus
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Apply on the Company Site