Volatile Flavor Analysis - Sr Manager
Job Title: Volatile Flavor Analysis - Sr Manager
Location: Valhalla, NY
Category: Research & Development
The Senior Manager will be responsible for leading, managing, and coaching chemists executing volatile flavor analysis projects. Deep and extensive GC-MS, GC-Olfactometry, and volatile isolation skills are essential. Initially the role be hands-on in the laboratory, and will transition to greater managerial responsibilities within 12 months. This position interfaces with product - process - packaging development, quality and food safety teams, providing input for robust experimental design and ensuring timely results and insights. The individual ensures instrumentation and methodology are suitable for the project challenges and leads identification and implementation of capability enhancements.
- Serves as a Volatiles Research - Analytical Sciences team representative to Product - Process - Package Development and Quality initiatives
- Integrates functional expertise with business objectives to identify critical testing needs and timing
- Ensures volatile and flavor analysis projects are executed in a timely manner, per defined laboratory quality protocols.
- Generates insights through connection of experimental results with internal and external inputs
- Develops reports and presentations that clearly and concisely communicate conclusions and recommendations
- Ensures volatile chemical and flavor analysis methods are developed, documented, and maintained per defined quality standards
- Ensures continuing technical and leadership development of direct reports
- Ensures instrument and wet chemical capabilities are maintained and enhanced
- Ensures accurate records and documentation are maintained
- Performs volatile chemical - flavor analyses that support product and process development- troubleshooting
- Ph. D. in Flavor, Organic, or Analytical Chemistry with 8 years' experience or a Master's Degree in Flavor, Organic, or Analytical Chemistry with 12 years' experience in volatile chemical analysis
- Expertise in isolation of volatile compounds from food and beverages
- Expertise in GC-MS, GC-Olfactometry, GC, other analytical instruments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise and strong knowledge of flavor, organic, analytical, and food chemistry
- Expertise in techniques for isolation of volatile compounds from beverage, food, and packaging
- Expertise in GC-MS and GC-Olfactometry instrumentation, software, and IT systems
- Ability to design and execute projects: draw on experiences and leverage internal and external inputs and expertise
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify root cause, and implement corrective action
- Ability to organizes complex information using appropriate media and presents with context and clarity
- Communicate in a clear, proactive, and timely basis
- Work effectively as a member of cross functional teams
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet evolving goals and needs of teams
- Proactively seeks new, simple, and rapid ways of conducting test procedures and practices that promote lab performance and efficiencies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster) & EEO is the Law Supplement (http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency StatementJob Ref: 104606BR",
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.