VP, Brokerage, Banking & Investment Products
Job Code: 401658
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is seeking a financial services athlete. If you understand retirement, education, accounts, insurance, annuities, and more, this position could be for you. If you frequently tread the line of being a financial geek and have trouble understanding why all this complex stuff is not super exciting for everyone, you are in luck. We need your expertise.
As a VP, Brokerage, Banking & Investment Products, you’ll bring your talents to deliver need based interactions for tens of millions of our customers. You’ll be hands-on and you’ll know how to translate needs into products, and products into physical accounts. The right person will understand the complexity of legal and compliance needs, with the ability translate multiple layers of process into simple flows, while simplifying our customer experience. Ultimately, we need someone who is a process thinker. Understanding clearing, books and record systems, websites, account opening, money movements, investments, portfolio management, guarantees, fixed income, IRAs, and 529s, and blending products will be the key to success.
This is a leadership role requiring a customer centric view into our products and solutions, both new and current. In this role, you’ll be challenged to think about what products have, what we can redesign, what we can integrate, and what we should partner on. The person filling this role will understand the implications of multiple statements, tax documents, and several customer communications.
You will get to work in an exciting and engaging agile startup environment where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and most importantly, have fun.
• Carefully work with product managers and business owners to orchestrate solutions required to help execute a need and cash flow based financial plan
• Understand complexity with the ability to simplify implementation and process to deliver outcomes
• Work closely with legal and compliance teams to put the right processes in place to ensure fiduciary or suitability requirements
• Define clear, rule-based mapping of products and product classes to meet customers’ needs, and describe what steps are required for a customer to buy those products
• Create presentations and documents and communicate to a wide variety of financial and non-financial audiences (designers, engineers, etc.)
• Identify and prioritize products and solutions based on materiality of customers’ needs and complexity of solutions
• Hands-on skills, where you can think and do. If you are not hands-on, this role is NOT for you
• Real experience getting things done vs. high level strategy and theoretical experience
• Deep insights into customers’ needs and the ability to define solutions that match customers’ knowledge, affluence, and needs
• 10 years of experience in consumer centric financial services
• 5 years in senior management roles, preferably in advice delivery, financial planning, brokerage or banking
• Ability to think like a customer and view our experiences with a customer-centric lens
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience presenting to executive leaders, participating in the sales cycle, and handling sensitive customer escalations
• Well-developed strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others in a highly collaborative environment
• CFP, CFA or any RIA or B/D certifications a plus
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Product Development