VP, Chief Operations Officer
Job Code: 397258
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential Annuities, the fully integrated domestic annuity business of Prudential Financial. Prudential Annuities manufactures variable and fixed annuities and distributes them through independent financial planners, banks, wirehouses, regional firms and insurance agents.
Collaborates closely with key stakeholders across the business, reports to and supports the President of the Annuity business in driving the technology and service strategy for the business.
Overseeing over 500 associates, excluding outsourced relationships, this role will be responsible for building and implementing a comprehensive service and technology strategy that supports a customer-centric focused twenty-first century organization. In addition, this position will be expected to be a thought leader in how the business can improve speed to market, plug into new opportunities more quickly and use service and IT as a strategic differentiator. This position may, from time to time, represent Annuities in enterprise-wide initiatives and committees.
- Create and drive a comprehensive technology and service strategy focused on creating value for the entire value chain including the consumer and aligned with the business strategy.
- Work with Strategy, Sales, Product and Marketing to understand and enhance customer and intermediary experience.
- Work with the organization to identify and develop opportunities brought about by regulatory challenges and changes.
- Oversee technology, service, business information protection, vendor governance and management and managed services (including space planning and facilities).
- Develop a location strategy that mitigates business continuity risk, focuses on labor pool availability and enhances the business’ footprint.
- Collaborate across the enterprise to develop strategies for new platforms and service opportunities.
- Drive continuous improvement across the business.
- The candidate should have at least 15 years business experience, including financial services industry experience. Annuity experience a plus.
- Proven ability to manage service and technology in the financial services industry.
- Excellent leadership skills, and the ability to create the right climate for the organization and have strong performance management skills.
- Critical and strategic thinking skills and can drive change.
- Strong organizational and business planning skills.
- He/she should have excellent communication skills with strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven strength in creating positive working relationships and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across organizational boundaries and at executive levels.
- He/she is a team player, collaborative, self-driven, and demonstrates an ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Results-orientation with an ability to execute and complete deliverables in a timely manner and with a sense of urgency.
- Strong executive presence and comfort working with senior management in a demanding, high profile role.
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Insurance