VP, Human Resources
Job Code: 376678
Job Location: New Jersey-Newark
Prudential is one of the largest financial services companies in the world and consistently recognized as an environment where talent develops and grows.
The company distributes its U.S. insurance and annuity products through a variety of channels, including internal financial professionals in ‘Prudential Advisors’, Prudential’s nationwide U.S. sales organization. Prudential Advisors has approximately 4,000 associates including a sales force of over 3,000 financial professionals and approximately 300 field managers, with representation in 49 states.
Prudential Advisors has a great career opportunity for a seasoned lead human resources business partner to provide strategic consultative support on human capital matters and the full range of human resources support. Reporting directly to the President, Prudential Advisors, with a reporting line to the Head of U.S. Businesses Human Resources, and leading a team of 13 human resource professionals, you will work closely with the senior leadership team on the achievement of business results and associated talent and people agenda.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic human resources consultation collaboration in the development and implementation of people initiatives and programs.
- Partnership with senior leaders to plan/drive change, enhance organizational effectiveness, identify areas for improvement and develop/implement related strategies.
- Advice on all key HR-related disciplines, including organizational design, employee relations, policy guidance and advice, talent and succession planning and performance management.
- Work closely with corporate partners, such as Corporate Benefits, The Office of Diversity and Inclusion, as well as Employment Law and Tax is critical due to the unique characteristics/complexities of Prudential Advisors (including differing benefit offerings and employment status etc.).
- Set the strategic direction for a seasoned team of HR professionals.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and confidante to senior leaders; coaching and consulting with management teams on all people related issues.
- Partnership with client groups in executing all cyclical processes such as annual compensation, performance management, succession management and Employee Engagement Survey analysis and action planning.
- Serve as an advocate for the voice of employees through active listening, providing objective feedback and consistently delivering on commitments.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10 years HR generalist experience with prior senior HR consulting responsibility and people leadership.
- Solid working knowledge in all major HR disciplines (succession planning, compensation, diversity/EEO, learning and development, organization development/effectiveness, staffing).
- Proven record of effectively operating at both a strategic and tactical level and demonstrated ability to manage multiple and diverse issues. Successful track record of relationship building, problem solving and demonstrating sound judgment.
- Expert in employee relations, depth of experience in coaching and demonstrates the ability to identify and mitigate risk.
- Excellent business acumen.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Superior written, listening and oral communications skills.
- Professional certification a plus.
- Based in Newark, NJ, with the ability to travel nationwide when the need arises.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Human Resources