VP, Systems Development- Business Application Delivery
Job Code: 402159
Job Location: New Jersey-Iselin
With its reputation for innovation and award-winning products and service, Prudential Annuities is a growing and dynamic organization. This position offers a challenging and high profile opportunity to lead a team and collaborate with internal and external business partners to achieve Prudential Annuities and enterprise goals and objectives.
Prudential Annuities Technology organization is actively pursuing a qualified vice president to provide strategic leadership on business systems requirements, systems design, development, deployment and maintenance across multiple platforms i.e. mainframe, distributed, mobile and cloud for Prudential Annuities division. The candidate will play a key role for providing leadership and management on the delivery of business applications. The candidate will possess strong leadership skills and creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve Annuities business challenges within the scope of the strategic vision.
This role will be accountable for managing the organization responsible for delivering new functionality on a portfolio of existing and new business applications via complex development projects. They are responsible for establishing, driving, and implementing strategies for information technology systems in accordance to business needs and adherence to corporate technology standards. Making influencing decisions and recommendations to the Annuities business on new and existing technologies that align to the business strategy and key priorities.
- As a direct report to the CIO, this individual is responsible for developing the overall strategy for the team and providing input into the Annuities Technology 3-year strategy, 1-year operating plan and 90-day rolling plan that gets presented quarterly to the Annuities president and senior leadership team
- Manages the strategic direction and coordinates resources, equipment, vendors and consultants, etc. for delivering new functionality on a complex portfolio of 40-plus business applications, including large insurance administration platforms and eCommerce applications provided by third party vendors
- Oversees multiple SDLC phases and teams responsible for: end-to-end IT solutions delivery management; business systems requirements management; technical design; and construction
- Works closely with their peers to provide the CIO and business partners strategic solutions and approaches to solve ongoing business challenges. May be required to present technology solutions and alternatives to the Annuities president and senior leadership team
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with senior Annuities business partners and Prudential’s Global Business & Technology Solutions to consultatively influence outcomes with the best interest of the company in mind
- Prepare and present business cases and validate resource and cost estimates, as provided by their team, for potential technical solutions. Advising the business on the technical and business value of the proposition
- Provides technology leadership across a broad range of technologies including but not limited to Cloud, Mobile/Web frameworks, Salesforce.com, .net, Progress, SQL, and product configuration applications
- Keeps up-to-date on new technology, standards, protocols and tools in areas relevant to the organization and the rapidly changing digital environment
- Fosters a climate of visionary and coaching leadership style
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of IT management experience and proven track record in establishing IT capabilities
- Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Able to think and project oneself as a senior business person first and technology executive second
- Financial services and annuities background preferred
- Proven track record of delivering modern technologies through multiple, complex projects in a fast paced and demanding business environment
- Senior executive level oral and written communication skills, and ability to convey message with executive presence as well as consultatively influence outcomes
- Ability to think strategically and analytically and connect a variety of internal and external inputs into an actionable direction and recommendation. Presents recommendations and fact based perspectives
- Ability to interact collaboratively and efficiently with professionals at all levels and functions, including senior management and functional business leads
- Proven track record of delivering multi-tier, multi-channel solutions to mobile devices, desktop interfaces, and other service consumption device
- Awareness of situational leadership and when to use different leadership styles (e.g., coaching and mentoring vs. pacesetting and directive) to achieve the desired outcomes
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function: Information Technology