Warehouse Person (Loader) - FT/Nights/Seasonal ($16.83/hr)
Job Title: Warehouse Person (Loader) - FT/Nights/Seasonal ($16.83/hr)
Location: Whippany, NJ
Category: Engineering, Manufacturing, Utilities
$16.83 per hour
Transport truck loading involves moving full pallets of products from the warehouse onto a trailer and removing any returned pallets/plastic flats. Responsible for unloading raw materials and placing them in designated warehouse space.
Bulk truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of products from the warehouse and loading them onto a pallet. Position is responsible for maintaining the stability of the pallet through proper stacking and shrink-wrapping. In most cases, pallets are loaded onto a trailer for local delivery. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Conventional truck loading involves selecting designated packages and flavors of products from the warehouse and loading them into the bays of a route truck. Product/packages for each truck are customized based on the salespersons order. Position is responsible for unloading returned products and pallets/plastic flats.
Position requires lifting a very high volume of cases of product per day from 20-45 pounds per case repeatedly during a long work period. Requires constant standing, walking, bending, twisting, squatting reaching and grasping as product is moved.
PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Drive hi-lift to picking area and build pallet/load according to load sheet or voice pick audio equipment (if applicable)
• Mark load ticket for out of stock items
• Wrap pallet when pallet/load is finished
• Turn in paper work with order for check before loading and have truck checked
• Stage pallet and/or load into truck when ready
• Complete partial pallets and put away mixed pallets
• Maintain proper housekeeping standards in work area
• Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
• 18 years or older
• Pass the drug test and physical capabilities test (if applicable)
• Pass forklift skills test (if applicable)
• Pass the background check
• Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., product storage, product staging, forklifts, etc.)
• Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
• Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
• Experience working in a team environment (e.g., cooperating with co-workers, joint problem solving, etc.)
Performance with Purpose
Out performing ourselves is a rush. That's why we perform with purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and then do something even bigger. We never settle for second best. At PepsiCo we're not just committed to performing well as individuals, but as a team, to strengthen the company as a whole.
Around the world, we're working hard to give people the tastes they crave and the nutrition they need. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. New markets mean new ways of doing business, and new ways of addressing health concerns, cultural differences and environmental challenges. Every day is an adventure, and an opportunity for personal and professional growth.